Monday, April 21, 2014

Sorry for the Delay

Okay, I'm not really sorry. I just forgot, okay.

By the way, expect to see a lot more 60's Spider-Man memes. I've amassed a collection.

So, what is there to talk about. College is almost over - oh shit, I haven't written about how the academic dishonesty thing turned out, my bad. So, it... didn't. maybe I need to elaborate. I didn't win. It doesn't really bother me - but I do still need to figure out how to pay for the summer course I'll be taking if the bill is due before May - I should probably check that... It doesn't say. Oh, well.

So yeah, I sort of went back on my words from... two(?) weeks ago. I decided to just take an online summer course through Brockport to get it all over and done with, then possibly onto film school (New York Film Academy's online screenwriting program), eventually. With the possibility of actually going to a film school, Chicago, NYFA, Toronto in the greater future. The main reason I decided to take this route was simply that it was by far the easiest route. Going through a community college or different school I would have had to apply and wait for an acceptance letter, and I do not have time for that. Well I do, I'm just much to lazy to do so.

Speaking of lazy, I still have to read 38 pages of a children's book, Feathers, for my Children's lit class. I decided to write this instead of doing that. I'll get to that as soon as I'm done here. I promise, I just can't write this and read a book at the same time. I only have two hands, and two eyes.


I got my graduation tickets today. It's sort of hitting me slowly that one, I'm getting old, and two, college is almost over. I mean, I've had that feeling since the start of last semester, back in like August. But now, it's almost as if it's really happening (as if it hadn't been before now). There are however a few things other than school I'd like to talk about. Bear with me.

First, my girlfriend and I celebrated our five month anniversary yesterday. I honestly couldn't be happier. I know I say this in practically every blog since the end of November, but it's true. Next month is our six month. Our half a year.


Perhaps I do overdo, the "I love my girlfriend" stuff, but I can't help it. On now to the summer movies talk, as Summer movie season is swiftly approaching, the first of them coming at the end of next week, which honestly will be my next blog post, in the form of a rather extensive review of The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I feel the need to return to form in the way I review movies. I've simplified it, and got a bit more extensive with Captain America: The Winter Soldier. But nothing beats the way I reviewed M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender. Now that was extensive... I think I posted it on like Flixster, here

Essentially, for those who didn't click on the link, I break down my opinions on the various aspects of the film. I wrote it before I started my minor in Film Studies, I saw it around opening week, while it was still in theaters (late 2010 I believe) with a high school friend of mine, Shawn. So the film terminology and what-not would not have been with me, and the review likely doesn't sound as sophisticated as it would if I were to write it now, which I am not going to take the time to do, as it would require me to re-watch the film. Which is my only unforgivable sin.

Back to the Summer movie talk. May is a big month, let's break down the coming months of summer, talking briefly about each of the following movies, all of which will be reviewed in later blog posts.

May 2: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
The sequel to my favorite of the Spider-Man films. Yes, that includes any and all of Sam Raimi's original trilogy. Yes, I personally felt as though The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) was better than Spider-Man 2 (2004). I've yet to have read any of the recent Superior Spider-Man comics, but it still holds that Spider-Man is one of my favorite heroes. I could relate to Peter Parker, and that's something that for me, the first three films lacked, I was never able to relate to Maguire's portrayal of Peter, and his portrayal of Spider-Man was horrendous (natural web shooters aside). I needed my nerd who gets super-powers and thus becomes cocky. I didn't want the boring, always for some reason out-of-touch Peter that was given to us in those first few films. Yes, Andrew Garfield does not necessarily look the part of a nerd, but so what, at least he acts the latter which is what I wanted out of the original films.
On May 9 I may see Neighbors, but I probably won't do a review of it, unless it's as amazing as Rotten Tomatoes and it's current 100% status suggest.
May 16: Godzilla
  
I'm not sure this movie could be any more hyped than it is. It's the biggest Godzilla to date, it features more than one Kaiju, and they well likely fight, and Bryan freakin' Cranston is in it. I'd be lying if I didn't say this is the movie I am most looking forward to seeing.

May 23: X-Men: Days of  Future Past

The Days of Future Past storyline is fantastic, and while the film, like all of the other X-Men movies have been doing, is taking liberties with it, I can't wait to see the end result. Especially considering it's setting up for the future X-Men: Apocalypse.

May 30:  A Million Ways to Die in the West

I'm a big fan of Seth MacFarlane, and I loved Ted. Now that MacFarlane is actually in front of the camera too, rather than just providing the voice to a character makes things more interesting. Maleficent also opens on May 30, though I don't really care much for that one, but I likely will see it at some point.

June 13: 22 Jump Street and How to Train Your Dragon 2

This day will forever be renamed the day of the sequels as I will. I repeat I WILL. Watch both of them opening night (whether I pay for both of them is another story). 21 Jump Street (2012) was and still is one of my favorite comedies, and How to Train Your Dragon (2010) is my favorite animated movie.

June 27: Transformers: Age of Extinction

Let it be known that despite my qualms with every Transformers movie after the first, that I'm actually looking forward to another one. I may not agree with Bay, or his directing style, but he knows how to get me interested and hoping that he'll do it right this time around.

July 11: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

The only movie I'll likely review in July, though Jupiter Ascending and The Purge: Anarchy do have my interests. The first one was excellent, and this one, judging from trailers, looks to be even better. I am sad that they've killed off James Franco's character (source) even if I get to see him die, but the rest of the cast in this is phenomenal.

August 1: Guardians of the Galaxy

As one of the few people that knows who these guys are I cannot possibly stress how excited I am for this movie. And considering that Gunn directed and wrote the fantastic Super, only makes me more excited for this. Also, Rocket Raccoon.

July 8: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Lucy

My last two-fer of the Summer. Admittedly I don't care much for the new Turtles movie, I'm still interested in seeing it. Lucy I'll likely see opening weekend. TMNT, the week after or sooner if I'm up for it.

Man, this is a long post, though I feel as though it's missing something.

Perfect.

Okay, now it feels complete. I'll be back in a week or so - either this weekend or next. If the latter comes first I'll have a Spider-Man review in tow. Here, have a non-Spider-Man related video.

No comments:

Post a Comment