Friday, September 27, 2013

I am NOT Prepared for Sunday

I woke up a few hours ago to an email from my professor saying that both of my classes today were cancelled. So I slept for another hour and woke up.


So I decided to finish writing a glorious Ekphrastic poem for my Advanced poetry class and then come here and continue this pathetic excuse for a blog. If you recall from... Wednesday's (?) blog post, I watch a crazy amount of things, and that I "need serious help." That was a lie, the serious help part, everything else is very much true, and as the title of this blog suggests, no, I am not prepared for Sunday.

But before we get to Sunday (Nice segue Tom), I need to talk about tonight and tomorrow night. There's a few things going on tonight here in Brockport for the average bear. Average bear in this scenario refers to any college student or person visiting Brockport today for some reason. Firstly it's Friday, and that means a new Legend of Korra episode at seven. Also, because it is the 26th that means that the IT Crowd special is tonight.


If you haven't seen IT Crowd yet, watch it. There's only 24 episodes, about 20 minutes a pop, you could watch the whole show in like 480 minutes, it'd really be closer to 500 minutes, but still, that's not that much. That and IT Crowd happens to be one of the best comedies of all time. Okay, that's a stretch, IT Crowd happens to be one of my favorite comedies of all time. There, that sounds like a more respectable statement. But seriously, it only takes around eight hours to watch the whole series,do it, now, go, this blog will still be here when you're done watching the awesomeness that is IT Crowd

But then tonight at 8:30, at the college, in Brockport. B.J. Novak is doing stand-up, and it's free to students and I don't care how much it is to non students, because I am a student. I think it's like five or ten dollars. Looked it up, apparently Alumni tickets are $10 while the general public have a $20 price tag. But yeah, B.J. Novak, you know, Ryan Howard from the Office: 


Yeah, apparently he does stand up. Who knew, right? Or at least that is how the college is advertising the event, regardless I will be enthralled no matter what the man does. I'm a huge fan of The Office, Hell, I'm wearing this for Pete's sake (Who the Hell is Pete by the way, and why does he get a saying?):


He could jokingly endorse rape and I wouldn't care. Okay, I'd care a little, but I'm sure he could make it funny. Most comedians do. And don't give me that whole "rape jokes are never funny" crap. Lighten up, learn to take dark things less seriously, because once we make an exception as to what cannot be joked about, we have to make more exceptions. While yes that does sound like a slippery slope argument, it isn't because this one is actually true. It isn't absurd at all. We say rape jokes aren't allowed because they happen to offend people, then anyone can come around and say well I'm offended by Dead babies, murder, sex, and food jokes. Whose to say that the person who is offended by food jokes has any less a right to have to listen to food jokes than the people offended by rape jokes. No one, that's who. We just have to deal with things that make us uncomfortable. Because that's what life is, a big uncomfortable rape joke. Anywhere, here is my proof to the existence of the event, and that I am going:


Sorry, but for some reason, no matter which way I hold my phone the pictures are always vertical. At least it's still legible... if you tilt your head 90 degrees to the right. For some reason my name is half cut off of the bottom of the ticket, so that kind of proves it's my ticket. But then again, I could just be some Photoshop expert making all of this up. Lets not even discuss the fact that I don't have Photoshop, and have never used Photoshop, and likely never will, that's aside from the point.

Also tonight, at midnight, is the $1.00 midnight movie. Tonight's movies of choice were Insidious: Chapter 2, Prisoners, and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. Personally I was hoping for Don Jon, maybe even Rush, but I'm glad Prisoners is still there, because it's still on my list and that allows me to knock 107 movies to 106.


Saturday, is when I either, begin to make a dent on the 106 remaining films, or play Grand Theft Auto V all day. Decisions man, they be tough. There's also the premiere of Saturday Night Live with Tina Fey and Arcade fire and practically a brand new cast. To be fair though, I don't think Seth Meyers is leaving until Late Night is open when Fallon takes over the Tonight Show. But still, Bill Hader, Jason Sudekis, and Andy Samberg all left. And apparently Cecily Strong will be his (Meyer's) new co-anchor for the Weekend Update segment (Source) personally I was hoping for Taran Killam, because he didn't really have any guest roles in the Weekend Update, at least any memorable ones. Cecily at least had "that one girl you regret starting a conversation with at the party." At least we'll still get some good ol' Drunk Uncle, and hopefully at some point the return of Peter Drunklage. 


Now, Sunday. Sunday, the 29th of September, 2013. My mortal enemy. Let me just give you a list. A list of all the shows that are happening this Sunday.

1. One Piece (S16E35) @9:30 AM - Fuji TV
2. The Big Fat Quiz of the 90's (2) 1:00 PM - Channel 4
3. Once Upon a Time (Hour long special) @7:00 PM - ABC
4: Once Upon a Time (S03E01) @8:00 PM - ABC
5. The Simpsons (S25E01) @8:00 PM - Fox
6. Bob's Burger (S04E01) @8:30 PM - Fox
7. Boardwalk Empire (S04E04) @9:00 PM - HBO
8. Breaking Bad (S05E16 - Series Finale) @9:00 PM - AMC
9. Family Guy (S12E01) @9:00 PM - Fox
10. Homeland (S03E01) @9:00 PM - Showtime
11. American Dad (S10E01) @9:30 PM - Fox
12. Eastbound & Down (S04E01) @10:00 PM - HBO
13. Low Winter Sun (S01E08) @10:00 PM - AMC
14. Masters of Sex (S01E01 - Series Premiere) @10:00 PM - Showtime
15. Hello Ladies (S01E01 - Series Premiere) @10:30 PM - HBO
16. Talking Bad (S01E08 - Series Finale) @11:00 PM - AMC

That's one day. I don't really want to go in what Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday look like, but I will. Let's just say that if you add up the total number of shows for those three days, you get 30 (8, 12, and 10 respectively). So that's 46 shows, over the course of four days. Maybe I do actually need serious help. How do I find the time to do anything else? Oh that's right, I don't. I've had Grand Theft Auto V for about a week and a half now, played maybe ten hours of it. I can't look up how much time played, because that would be severely inaccurate with the amount of time it has spent paused.

And on top of all of that, yeah, there's more. I have six episodes of American Horror Story: Asylum left.


And now to watch the majority of those six episodes, here's another video so you don't forget about me: 

No comments:

Post a Comment