Wednesday, October 30, 2013

SHOWS!

I don't know if you know this, but I watch a lot of television.


It's a bit of a not so well kept secret. A while a go, about a week and a half, I started Arrow on Netflix. Simply put, the show is...


Hair twirling and all, you know, if my hair were still long enough to twirl. I can kind of twirl its current length, but I look ridiculous. Yes, I did it in a mirror to see just how ridiculous I looked doing so. Granted, I've only seen the first four episodes now, having just watched the other three before stopping to watch Revolution, and the other shows that I am now bedeviled with the misfortune of watching. Not because they are bad shows, no, but because there are so damn many of them that I watch that it has become a nuisance, and I can't seem to stop picking shows up. I even have this "amazing" plan to watch The Sopranos, Deadwood, and The Wire over winter break - not necessarily in that order.

Revolution is hitting all of my feels right now. It's not fair for shows to be doing this to me. There's like four story lines all going on at once, merging into one solitary story, and while its interesting, the things they be doing, be heartbreaking. However, if it's anything like episode one, it may not be as heartbreaking in like four minutes, unless this time the character is actually dead, for the long term at least. Not everyone can be saved by magic brain controlled robotic fireflies. At least not in the same episode they die in.

But God, this episode had me all:


Darn character development. It gets you sometimes. I am however glad there isn't a new episode of Modern Family tonight. It allows me to write more of this while I wait for Super Fun Night. Then I'll catch South Park and Key & Peele, the rerun of American Horror Story: Coven, and @Midnight, then maybe Conan and The Pete Holmes Show, but I may just stop watching the show and just watch YouTube clips. I prefer the latter. But what I will be doing, as soon as they are posted to the inter-web, is watch Survivor, The Tomorrow People, Misfits, The Ultimate Fighter, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and The League. And that my dear readers, is my Wednesday night.

In other news, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag came out today. So guess what this guy is doing. I call it "Operation Spoiler Aversion," OSA for short. Because I have decided to wait until November 15th to get the game along with my PlayStation 4 as opposed to paying an additional ten dollars to upgrade the game to the PS4 version, which I am assuming would in turn require me to restart the campaign, which is something I would much rather not do. So please, if you have spoilers, don't spoiler it, cause I'll be sad, very sad. Then I will be mad, slightly mad.

But seriously, OSA has like, never worked before, so I really need it to this time, because Assassin's Creed is a beloved franchise of mine, and I just don't know what I would do with myself if the story was ruined for me. I, unlike most people, did not hate ACIII. I will say that it was the weakest. But there are far worse games to get your panties in a bunch over. *cough* Literally any Call of Duty game. *cough*

Seriously though, have you seen Ghosts, have you really seen Ghosts and are not just buying into the ridiculous hype no game could ever hope to live up to? The game looks like crap, which isn't new for a call of duty game after Modern Warfare 2, they all fell into the "samey" look with reused textures and just plain terrible quality. But Ghosts and I'm talking the next gen versions of the game, look worse, literally worse, than some of the games I've already played on my PS3. Here, let me just show you one reason as to why this game is terrible, and they're just throwing things out there to make a quick sixty bones.

For some reason, the text on the left is cut off, it's supposed to read "random ass sunshafts."

Allow me to explain what is wrong with this, for the people that don't know what is wrong with this. Ignoring the bad resolution of the picture, as it is re-sized, but seriously, where the hell are those sunshafts coming from? The Sun, is right there, in the (near) center of the picture, yet there are shafts coming in from the left. Sorry to break it to you people, but unless this takes place on another planet, or the Earth develops a second Sun in this game, this image is quite literally impossible. Unless there is a building just off screen that is for some reason, pointing its spotlight into the forest during the day. Or, mirrors, I guess. They either, don't know how sunshafts work, or they don't care, or even more likely, they just do not give a fuck about what they put out there.

Granted, I am aware that a lot of companies do not actually care, about their product and the consumer, and they are only interested in the money. It is all about the money after all.

That guy, he's just balancing money on his head, while pretending to be in an elevator.

Holy crap this episode of South Park is amazing, just that line "you don't know what it's like to be a baby going through puberty" is so damn fantastically ridiculous that its absolute perfection. While South Park has lost my "best animated show" award to Archer. I cannot deny the brilliancy and consistency in episode quality South Park has had, and it doesn't appear to be about to falter either. Holy shit, they are comparing Yo Gabba Gabba to Miley Cyrus. I cannot believe how amazing this is.

So, Pre-Registration for classes begins Monday, I already have my registration key, so I may or may not be able to pre-register online. Regardless actual registration is the 12th at 6 AM. I should however, based on my desired schedule being comprised of classes I am able to pre-register for. So by November 4, I should be all registered for my final semester. Then I can walk on out into society, and die a slow painful death like the rest of society.


Pessimism rules though, it's much better than optimism, and a little less annoying. I'm actually more of a realist, maybe a pessimistic realist. However, I consider the glass to be either half empty or half full. Actually, I want to have some fun with this so let me explain how I look at the cup. I consider the glass to be half empty if the glass was full of a beverage which has been drank. the glass is half full, when the glass had no liquid and then had liquid added to it. So if it is being drank, half empty. Getting filled, half full.

I'm not sure when I'll be back, but sometime next week. A Brief History of my Life Part 2. Be prepared. Here, have some, and by some, I mean a lot of movie trailers. I'm off to watch American Horror Story Asylum.








No comments:

Post a Comment