Thursday, November 21, 2013

Return from Impromptu Hiatus

and now I'm back, from outer space, I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face...


I feel the need to explain away my temporary hiatus. Simply put, I met a girl, and I have been spending a lot of time with her, basically all of my time. She is away right now, and my classes are cancelled - due to professor illness (get well soon Carter, you're the literal man), so I have even more free time on my hands today. Also, I am totally cuddling the pillow she left in my room this morning, it smells like her, and it's lavender and fuzzy and soft and I love it.



So here I am, sitting on my bed, unable to break this smile, cuddling a fuzzy lavender pillow. I would post a picture, but the levels of judgement may increase with visual proof. To explain this drastic change in my opinions on the world, I will need Ron Swanson's help.

Before I met her, I was this Ron Swanson:


And now that I am with her, and growing evermore fond, I am this Ron Swanson:


I haven't been this happy in years, perhaps in my entire life. This sense of euphoria in inexplicable, incomprehensible, I just don't understand it. All I know is:


I am writing way too little, and posting way too many GIF's. But seriously guys, this girls is just amazing, absolutely, irrevocably amazing. She loves Doctor Who you guys.



She has described her Who addiction as a "serious issue," and that's just my kind of woman. Of course I watch anything and damn near everything. Hell, I'm watching American Horror Story: Coven right now. That's the thing though, now that I am spending so much time with her, I have precious little time to get through my shows, so my Television addiction has become a slight problem - I was only able to watch three shows last night, of the twelve I normally do. I've already cut a few shows from my list, the ancillary one's I do not care about. As in The Voice, Bar/Tattoo Rescue, The Goldbergs, Mom, Dads, The Millers, the Tomorrow People, and now Super Fun Night. But in all honesty, I don't mind at all, it's time better spent, and I'm thankful for it. However, she has stalled my progress with Arrow, and it only upsets me because Arrow is such a goddamn good show, but I'll finish it Thanksgiving break next week, so no worries there. I don't regret a single second of  all the time spent with her.

Shit. Is this coming off too strong?


my apologies people, but I've never really been in a place like this, where all I want to do is rant and rave about how goddamn happy I am. So this Friday, the midnight movies are The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Delivery Man, and Thor: The Dark World. My choice would have to be Catching Fire, primarily for my love of Jennifer Lawrence, but also because Jennifer Lawrence. J-Law (she lets me call her J-Law, we go way back), even knows how I feel about this girl I've been talking about, in both the innocent school yard crush words, and more... not so innocent words.




So, anyways, I have to ask her if she is willing to go see it or not, which also means we have to watch the first Hunger Games, that is, if she wants to watch it that is. Otherwise, I'll just be going with my suite mate as per usual.

In other news. The fifteenth of November happened, which means, PlayStation 4.


The world's quickest un-boxing.
                           

 The world's quickest set up.

There you have it, my PS4 in all of it's glory. The only real downside to it at the moment is that it will not play dvd's or blu-ray movies. Games run fine, and so does Netflix. But even after the past two software I still cannot play dvd's - I'm hoping it's not a hardware issue, but if the problem persists, I'll trade it back in, they are apparently really fast with returns, but I'll probably wait until I'm done with finals week to send it back, just to give it some time, in case it is just a software issue.

That is all. Blog over, get the hell out. But watch this video first:

No comments:

Post a Comment